There are different methods that can be used in order to clean earrings at home on a regular basis without seeking the help of professionals. It is important to clean earrings regularly since dirty jewelry will be counterproductive and affect the overall look. Similarly, earrings may gather dirt and germs over the course of time, which on coming in contact with the ears can cause health issues. The ear holes are sensitive and accumulation of germs can lead to serious issues as well. Therefore, it is advisable to regularly clean earrings following one of the methods described below:
Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaning of Earrings
Hydrogen Peroxide is a useful cleaning agent, which can remove dirt and germs from the earrings. The steps involved to clean earrings using hydrogen peroxide are as follows:
- In the first step, was your hands with the help of a cleaning agent.
- Now, take a cotton ball and soak it with the help of hydrogen peroxide. Make sure to appropriately saturate the cotton so that the cleaning process can be smooth.
- Now start dabbing the cotton ball over the earrings until the dirt and germs have been removed. This should take a couple of minutes with each earring.
- Another way of cleaning the earrings with the help of hydrogen peroxide is dipping them in the solution for a few minutes. Let them dry completely afterward.
Hot Water Cleaning of Earrings
A more cost-effective way to clean earrings is with the help of hot water and a soft brush. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
- In the first step, take an appropriate quality of water and heat it in an oven for a few minutes.
- Once the water is mildly hot, place the earrings in it for a few minutes. This will
weaken the bond between the dirt and the material.
- Now, take the earrings out of the water and scrub it with the help of a brush.
- Continue gentle brushing until the dirt and other residue has been removed from the earrings. Deep Cleaning of Precious Metal Earrings
In order to clean precious metal earrings, more careful and sophisticated techniques are advisable to use since chemicals can affect their shine and color. Professional help is also useful in order to clean earrings made of precious metals. However, to clean precious metal earrings at home, followings steps can be followed:
- Diamond earrings can be cleaned with the help of hot water and soap since this will not affect their color and effectively remove dirt and germs.
- Water and baking soda are highly effective in cleaning silver earrings since baking soda is an effective natural cleaning agent. It can remove dirt and germs from the surface of the metal.
- Lukewarm water and an appropriate cleaning agent such as soap are useful to clean pearl earrings. Harsh chemicals can damage the shine and outlook of these earrings. Therefore, natural cleaning agents are more useful and effective.
- The dirt from precious metal earrings should be removed with the help of a soft cloth of a toothpick. The process should be smooth and careful.